Product information "Salera preselect hip joint"
Salera Preselect is a triaxial hip joint systems that makes circular gait possible in a limited active way.
Due to its special construction, the lower part of the hip joint, despite complete locking of the adduction, allows free rotational movement (12.5° inward and outward rotation). The upper part of the joint restricts flexion/extension (15°– 30° step length). By opening the lock, sitting possible.
The seating function is another requirement for the mechanical hip joints.
To allow sitting down safely, a preselect position has been integrated. When unlocking, the center of gravity is in front of the joints, so that the locks are still under tension. The joint remains locked. Only by an extension of the hip, the joints are unlocked and the patient can sit down.
- enables physiological sitting position
- allows rotary motions
- easy use of the lock
- increased safety due to “preselect function”
- free crawling and biking without restrictions
Area of application:
- for HKAFO
- for lesions between L5–L3
- body weight of up to max. 55 kg
- the function of the musculus quadratus lumborum needs to be maintained. This triggers the pelvic elevation and consequently, through the iliac crest proliferation, is the last chance to support the Salera hip joint when lifting the free leg.
- Salera Preselect small: body weight of up to 20 kg
- Salera Preselect medium: body weight of up to 40 kg
- Salera Preselect large: body weight of up to 55 kg
Further information on the dimensions of the Salera Hip joint is available here.
Scope of delivery:
- incl. pelvic fork: small: 6 x 50 x 400 mm / medium: 8 x 50 x 500 mm / large: 10 x 50 x 600 mm
- incl. extension set: small: 6 x 16 x 200 mm / medium: 6 x 19 x 250 mm / large: 6 x 19 x 300
- incl. threading aid
- unwelded, not bent