Product information "Salera hip joint"
The Salera is a hip joint system with a spheroid atlanto-occipital joint which makes it possible to execute a pelvic rotation uncontrolled in a restricted sphere.
Due to its special construction, the lower part of the hip joint, despite complete locking of the abduction, allows free rotational movement (12.5° inward and outward rotation). The upper part of the joint restricts flexion/extension (15°– 30° step length).
- enables physiological sitting position
- allows rotary motions
- easy handling
Area of application:
- for lesions between L5–L3
- body weight of up to 90 kg.
- for HKAFO
- Care must be taken to maintain the function of the quadratus lumborum muscle. This triggers the pelvic elevation and consequently, through the iliac crest proliferation, is the last chance to support the Salera hip joint when lifting the free leg.
- Salera small: body weight of up to 20 kg
- Salera medium: body weight of up to 40 kg
- Salera large: body weight of up to 55 kg
- Salera extra large: body weight of up to 90 kg
Further information on the dimensions of the Salera Hip joint is available here.
Scope of delivery:
- incl. pelvic fork: small: 6 x 50 x 400 mm / medium: 8 x 50 x 500 mm / large and extra large: 10 x 50 x 600 mm
- incl. extension set: small: 6 x 16 x 200 mm / medium: 6 x 19 x 250 mm / large: 6 x 19 x 300 / extra large: 8 x 22 x 300 mm
- incl. threading aid
- unwelded, not bent