Product information "SPRINTER plus ankle joint (titanium)"
The SPRINTER PLUS is a single-axis ankle joint which allows flexion/extension motion in a restricted range. The foot-lifting function is made possible during the stance phase through continuous joint resistance.
Its kinetic swing can be altered variably or fixed, in order to lock the joint temporarily (e.g. post-operatively) or to adjust the foot position due to improved motion ratios.
The SPRINTER PLUS is the titanium version of the sprinter ankle joints. It is particularly suitable for adults. It is less suspectible to wear than the aluminum version. In addition, a patient with higher body weight can use a smaller joint.
- no need of disassembling the main axis for extension stop adjustment
- interchangeable wedges available in different graduations: 0°; 1,5°; 3°, 4,5°; 6°; 8°; 10°; 12,5°
- separate dorsal and frontal extension stops available
- the titanium version is less susceptible to wear in comparison with the aluminium version
Area of application:
- body weight of up to max 65 kg
- for HKAFO, KAFO and AFO
- Sprinter 19 plus: body weight of up to 20 kg
- Sprinter 22 plus: body weight of up to 35 kg
- Sprinter 25 plus: body weight of up to 50 kg
- Sprinter 28 plus: body weight of up to 90 kg
Further information about the dimension of the SPRINTER ankle Joint can be found
Scope of delivery:
- incl. extension set
- incl. countersunk screws: Sprinter 19 plus: M4 x 7mm / Sprinter 22 plus and Sprinter 25 plus: M5 x 10mm / Sprinter 28 plus: M6 x 12mm
We manufacture orthoses with SPRINTER plus ankle joint in service production. Please fill out the form "Request orthotics service production" and send it to us. Afterwards you will receive a corresponding offer from us. More information about our offer of service production can be found here.
Excerpt from the article "Experiences on lesion-specific orthotic treatment in patients with spina bifida according to the Berlin concept" from OT 1/13. (Read the whole article.)
Lower leg orthoses with the Sprint unilateral ankle joint should have a template of dorsiflexion at an angle of 5 to 8° (with shoe). The upper ankle joint should be limited to 90° to bring the large knee extensor in good working position for the righting loop of the body against the force of gravity in the knee. A setting of 82 to 84° is optional. The upper jump joint should have a range of motion of 15 to 20°. The Sprinter joint is designed so that each wedge restricts dorsiflexion and plantarflexion. These wedges can be quickly removed during fitting to adjust the angle, without disassembling the joint axis.